Web Studio Embedded Linux Runtime (IoTPAC): SSR-xL
About the Web Studio Embedded Runtime
The SoftPLC Web Studio Linux Runtime (Cat. No. SSR-xL) can be added as a software option to any SoftPLC® controller or Gateway, creating an IoTPAC - combined controller and operator interface. The software runs in the SoftPLC CPU, there is no additional hardware required.
SCADA/Operator Interface applications developed with Web Studio, then downloaded into the SoftPLC, create a powerful way to control, monitor, log/trend data, manage alarms and more in a SoftPLC based/connected system, via direct ethernet or wireless/bluetooth connections. The application generates HTML5 pages that can be viewed in any web browser.
- No specific browser required
- View pages in any web browser, including Smart Phones or tablets
- Web Studio application (including screen images, scripts, alarms, etc.) reside in the SoftPLC flash disk, available via FTP/SSH for access/updates
- Each runtime includes support for 1 SMA thin client connection
- Runtime is allocated only a small, fixed slice of SoftPLC time, ensuring SoftPLC remains a deterministic controller
- Communication driver to SoftPLC data table via RAM, connections to other devices supported (eg: ModbusTCP)
This optional software is pre-installed when purchased with a new SoftPLC controller/Gateway. Existing systems can be field-retrofitted (firmware versions 4.6 or higher). When ordering SSR-xL as an add-on to an existing system, specify the serial number in the order. Our technical support team will contact you with instructions on how to install the software.