A-B PLC CPU to Smart SoftPLC Migration Kit: SPMK-PLCx
A-B PLC to Smart SoftPLC Migration Kit Overview
If you have an Allen-Bradley PLC-2, PLC-5, SLC-500, or even a 1774 PLC system, you can upgrade to a modern solution using a Smart SoftPLC A-B Migration Kit. Convert your existing logic and documentation, keep using the same I/O, communication network, and HMI/SCADA/DCS system (if desired) - saving you untold re-engineering costs!
This First-Time Migration Kit Includes:
- Smart SoftPLC CPU with (1) A-B RIO Interface on port 0
- A-B Program & Documentation Conversion Service to SoftPLC format
- TOPDOC NexGen programming software for SoftPLC (for first time customers)
- DIN-rail P/S for Smart SoftPLC, Model ICO-PSH1524
- Panel-mount bracket for Smart SoftPLC
- Phone/Email application review analysis/conversion support
NOTE: Also order separately an A-B RIO Adapter Kit to replace each rack-mounted A-B CPU and local adapter (1771-AL) in your I/O racks. For PLC-5/PLC-2/1774 PLC use MISC-1771ASBKIT, for SLC-500 use MISC-1747ASBKIT.
- Smart SoftPLC includes all supported serial and ethernet protocols as standard, configurable in any mix. If you desire support for Allen-Bradley Data Highway Plus (DH+) or additional Remote I/O (RIO) channels, these must be factory installed. Up to 3 blue hose channels are supported.
- Other Smart SoftPLC features are available, such as local I/O, embedded HMI, wireless, extended temperature and more. If you want any of these, configure/order the CPU using the Smart SoftPLC link from the menu, and add the other items in this kit separately.
- The SoftPLC "Size" determines the maximum number Allen-Bradley logical I/O racks supported (I and O addresses). The table below summarizes the available sizes:
|Cat No Suffix||Input (I) Addresses||Output (O) Addresses||ModbusTCP Server Connections||Ethernet/IP Connection Bytes|
|LT||128 - 1 logical rack||128 - 1 logical rack||2||64|
|1K||1024 - 8 logical racks||1024 - 8 logical racks||16||512|
|2K||2048 - 16 logical racks||2048 - 16 logical racks||32||1024|
|8K||8192 - 64 logical racks||8192 - 64 logical racks||127||4096|