Smart SoftPLC Gateway (v4): SMG4
Smart Gateway Overview
A complete solution for industrial data communication and management! Smart Gateways are the most powerful and flexible communication protocol converters, bridges, and data concentrators available.
- Protocol Bridge - Read/Write data between up to 16 simultaneous networks. Virtually unlimited data capacity.
- Data Logging - Store time-stamped information in choice of file formats. Store data locally, on a network drive or in the cloud.
- Alarm Notification - Send email or text messages. Highly customizable alarm triggers and list of recipients.
- Reporting - Generate text or CSV reports. Send reports or data logs as email attachments, or store on any accessible drive.
- Remote Access/Control - Embedded web server provides ability to view and change data values/states via web pages.
- Virtual HMI - Embedded Web Studio runtime provides HMI functions, including sophisticated alarm managment, real-time trending, remote SQL database interface and more.
Smart Gateways are ideal for moving data between equipment controlled by different vendors, providing a path for staged migration from older technology based on proprietary networks to new and ethernet-based systems, or combining data from multiple networks to a single ethernet/cellular channel for data analysis or other high-level systems, plus many other applications.
- (4) port managed GB Ethernet switch/router, user-configurable protocols
- (1) stand-alone GB Ethernet port
- (1) RS-485 port, user-configurable protocols
- (3) option slots for factory-added internal hardware interfaces for protocols such as A-B DH+, A-B RIO, RS-485 and more
- (2) USB 2.0 host ports, one w/ OTG support
- Supports up to 16 simultaneously active user-selectable Ethernet/serial/proprietary protocols to hundreds of I/O products, devices and networks
- 512MB RAM user memory for virtually unlimited logic and up to 100M words data registers
- 8GB on-board eMMC flash
- 802.11 b/g/h WiFi interface (requires optional SPO-WIFIMOD for antenna connector)
- Supports optional internal cell modem (SM4-CMDM1)
- internal MicroSD slot for removable flash
- Extensive logic capability for data concentration, scaling, mapping between networks, and more
- Alarm notification via email or text message, reports/logs can be sent via email attachments
- Embedded web server option with read/write data ability
- Embedded virtual HMI option for operator interface via any web browser, remote SQL database interface, and more (Web Studio runtime)
- Note: Smart SoftPLC uses TOPDOC NexGen software for programming, configuration and troubleshooting. A free TOPDOC NexGen license is included with your first Smart SoftPLC purchase!
- If you want to use Tealware local I/O, specify this above in Local Tealware Interface
- All Smart SoftPLCs include all supported serial and ethernet protocols as standard, configurable in any mix. If you desire support for Allen-Bradley Data Highway Plus (DH+) or Remote I/O (RIO), or additional RS-485 ports, these must be factory installed - specify them above in Option Ports 1-3.
- If you want to use the WiFi support, this requires factory installation of an internal antenna extension and connector - specify this above in Wireless Options.
- If you want the internal cellular modem, this requires factory installation - specify this above in Wireless Options.
- Select any desired remote access and/or virtual HMI features. If the remote access connection will be other than wired Ethernet, the internal WiFi/cellular or an external modem/interface is required. See above or Modems/Wireless for options, or contact SoftPLC to discuss TagWell cloud-based solutions and approved third-party interfaces.
- The Size only applies if you are using ModbusTCP Master, Ethernet/IP, local Tealware I/O, A-B RIO or DH+ protocols. Select the Lite (LT) version if you are not using these protocols.
The Size determines the maximum number of ModbusTCP server connections, Ethernet/IP connection bytes, force-able discrete I/O, and Allen-Bradley logical I/O racks supported (I and O addresses). The table below summarizes the available sizes:
|Cat No Suffix||ModbusTCP Server Connections||Ethernet/IP Connection Bytes||Input (I) Addresses||Output (O) Addresses|
|LT||2||64||128 - 1 logical rack||128 - 1 logical rack|
|1K||16||512||1024 - 8 logical racks||1024 - 8 logical racks|
|2K||32||1024||2048 - 16 logical racks||2048 - 16 logical racks|
|8K||127||4096||8192 - 64 logical racks||8192 - 64 logical racks|