I/O : S-Series
S-Series I/O Modules
SoftPLC offers this low cost, distributed I/O product line, which we call the "S Series". The S-Series modules can be used with any controller or computer with ModbusTCP or Modbus RTU master capability. S-Series modules are the best value for reliable, industrial modular ModbusTCP or Modbus I/O.
All S-Series modules are industrially rated, provide lightning and surge protection, and are panel or DIN rail mountable.
The S-Series modules provide extremely cost-effective protection and conditioning for a wide range of industrial control signals and systems. These modules are ideal when you have only a few I/O points, or need to distribute a small number of I/O points in several locations and you don't want to incur the overhead/cabling cost of a fieldbus network (eg: Profibus or DeviceNet).
Applications include HVAC or building automation controls, data acquisition, security systems, energy management, test stands, process monitoring, sorting conveyors, utilities, and remote installations.
S-Series I/O modules are a family of compact and networkable data acquisition and control modules, with a wide range of available analog and digital input/output signal types. All modules are designed for reliable operation in harsh environments and are equipped with isolation and failure protection, and high resistance against noise-interference.
Most modules support both ModbusTCP via Ethernet and ModbusRTU serial via RS-485, the industry's most widely used bi-directional, balanced transmission line standard.
All modules include these standard features:
- Mounting Options - DIN-rail or panel/wall mount
- Removable screw terminals for signal wires to replace module without re-wiring
- Wide input power range (eg: 10-30VDC)
- Low power consumption
- LED's for ease in troubleshooting wiring and communication network
- Lightning, Static, Over Current, Over Voltage Protection
- Number of input channels configurable to improve frequency
- Operating Temperature -20~85oC (-13~185oF)
Individual module capabilities are available from the "Modules" tab. All S-Series modules conform to the general specifications below:
- Module Dimensions: 115 x 90 x 43 mm (WxHxD)
- Power Input: 12-24VDC
- Operating Temperature: -13°F~185°F (-20°C~85°C)
- Storage Temperature: -40°F ~ 185°F (-40°C~85°C)
- Ambient Humidity: 10~90%, non-condensing
- Serial Communication Network Connection: plug-in screw terminal block
- Ethernet Communication Network Connection: (1) RJ-45 (LAN)
- I/O and Power Connections: Plug-in screw terminal blocks, #14 ~ 22 AWG
- Enclosure: Flameproof Plastic, IP31 rated
Detailed specifications are available in the module user manuals, available from the "Downloads" tab. All S-Series modules I/O interfaces conform to the specifications below:
- Digital Inputs: 4-36VDC, 0-1000 Hz frequency or 32bit counter
- Digital Outputs: open collector, max 40mA/point
- Relay Outputs: 0.5A@120VAC
- Analog Inputs: 12 bit resolution, universal range (0-5V, 0-10V, 0-20mA, 4-20mA, thermistor)
- Analog Outputs: 0-10V
Available S-Series Modules
A variety of S-Series I/O modules are available:
- ModbusTCP Master Driver Manual for SoftPLC SoftPLC's ModbusTCP Master Driver supports most modbus commands on TCP/IP and UDP/IP. Can be used with S-Series modules I/O that support ModbusTCP.