SoftPLC NeoPAC is a family of open architecture controller CPU's that can connect to a wide variety of I/O and communication networks. Physically small, but functionally huge, NeoPAC's (Programmable Automation Controllers) provide a low cost control platform for applications ranging from machine/process control to RTUs to protocol gateways. NeoPAC's are customized at the factory to application specific configurations and include hardware assembly, driver installation, system software configuration, and system level testing for the best out-of-the-box solution with an open architecture system.
SoftPLC NeoPAC's are perfect for:
- Deterministic, high speed program execution
- “Unlimited” user logic and data table memory
- Ladder logic and data table addressing similar to Allen-Bradley PLC-5/SLC-500
- Fully documented applications, all documentation resides in the controller
- Supports user functions written in C++
- Compatible with all HMI/SCADA products
- Industry standard protocols for communications and I/O (eg: ModbusTCP/UDP, Ethernet/IP, Modbus RTU/ASCII, and others)
- Embedded HMI and web server options
- Ethernet, RS-485 and USB communication ports(s)
- A-B "blue hose" port (option on models SN1-BHx) for RIO or DH+
- 512MB RAM
- 8GB on-board flash
- Option for removable MicroSD Flash
SoftPLC NeoPAC models include the functions/features of all SoftPLC controllers, including:
- CPU - 64bit quad-core ARM Cortex
- Memory - 512MB RAM
- Storage - 8GB onboard flash, MicroSD slot (no MicroSD included)
- (2) USB 2.0 host ports with USB A connectors
- GB Ethernet port, RJ-45 connector (10/100/1000)
- Power by +24 VDC through terminal block connector (eg: using ICO-PSH-1524)
- Size - 2.4" x 0.82" x 3.54" (62 x 21 x 90 mm)
- DIN-rail mounting, metal enclosure
The SoftPLC NeoPAC family has two base models. SN1-A1x and SN1-BHA1-x. The difference is models SN1-BHA1 include an optional Allen-Bradley Remote I/O (RIO) and Data Highway Plus (DH+) communication interface.
Equip the base model with your desired SoftPLC runtime control software size (see table below). Then add any desired hardware and firmware options (see next tab). Each system is assembled and configured with all of your selected options, then undergoes a system-level test prior to shipment.
Available Runtime Sizes
There are (4) SoftPLC firmware runtime sizes, where runtime size determines the maximum supported number of Ethernet/IP Tags, ModbusTCP servers, logical A-B racks and digital I/O points (analog I/O is limited only by hardware, not firmware). The table below summarizes these choices.
To order a SoftPLC NeoPAC, append the Runtime License Size suffix in the first column of the table to the model number. For example, SN1-A1-1K is a NeoPAC capable of up to 1024 DI/DO, 128 Ethernet/IP tags and/or 16 ModbusTCP Servers.
|Runtime License Sizes|
|Cat No Suffix||ModbusTCP Servers||Ethernet/IP Tags||Logical A-B Racks||Discrete Inputs||Discrete Outputs|
- Firmware Options - software enabled capabilities that can be added to any SoftPLC. There's so many, we've put them on their own page!
- Hardware Accessories
Options & Accessories
Available NeoPAC SoftPLC Options:
|Catalog Number||Description||Image||Data Sheet||Store|
|SN-EXTEMP||Extended Temperature Option|
|ICO-PSH1524||DIN-rail P/S, Output 24VDC, 15W; Input: 100~240VAC|
I/O and System Configurations
SoftPLC NeoPAC's can be used with a wide variety of I/O and other devices. Any Ethernet, serial, or USB remote I/O can be used providing a SoftPLC driver exists. Many drivers exist, or can be developed using the SoftPLC Programmer's Toolkit. Multiple I/O types can be used with a single controller.